Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Phone Call of the Day

"Hello, this is Kristin."

"The toilet paper is too hard... The Toilet Paper Is Too Hard... THE TOILET PAPER IS TOO HARD... You need to get softer toilet paper in the shelter."

----

I've never had any problems with the T.P. myself. We use the same stuff in the office. I don't know why I got the call unless it's because the person knew me from when I was shelter staff or because I'm the point person for in-kind donations. I'll have to add "soft" to the T.P. entry on our needs list.
---

By the way, if you've somehow managed to elude the effects of all those wonderful reviews and blog posts, you need to run out right now and pick up a copy of Karen Joy Fowler's The Jane Austen Book Club. I finished it over two nights - almost as fast as my first Austen, Pride and Prejudice, which I read all in one night and got in trouble with my professor because she was counting on me to help with the discussion and I couldn't participate anymore because I had read ahead. Now I just have to dig them all out and reread them and then go back to Karen's book.

No comments: