Wednesday, July 27, 2005

This blog has always been a perfect mirror of my work life. When I got too busy or stressed about work, I'd stop blogging. When things were fairly smooth, I'd write. After 11 years with same nonprofit, I gave two weeks notice last Friday. It was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made and there will be times that I will regret it, I'm sure. I mostly felt relief when I finally decided and that alone tells me it is the right thing.

The thing everyone asks is, "What's next?" I DON'T KNOW! Various things have been winging away inside my head;try to pick up some freelance writing work, start a consulting business focusing on small business and nonprofit IT and communication needs, temp work while I decide what to do, start a nonprofit to refurbish donated computers for low income people - I never had enough time for this in my current job, try the corporate side and make a little more money...

In the meantime, I'm going to take a couple of well-earned vacation weeks and do some writing, gardening and work on our house. Mostly I'll just veg out a little - that and stay away from our Gamecube - I've been blowing way too much time trying to zone out after work playing Mario Sunshine lately.

5 comments:

Christopher said...

Holy Moly! Good luck Kristin! I'm doing something similar myself and kind of know how you feel.

Gwenda said...

Wow, this is exciting. I have no doubt you made the right decision for you. Go, Kristin, go.

Dave said...

Wow! I know that must have been a tough decision to make; I hope that the change is all you wish for.

Jason Erik Lundberg said...

Good luck in this next phase of your life, Kristin.

Christopher Barzak said...

We'll talk soon as mum and auntie go back home! Hugs